Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summertime!


Rick and I are finally moved into our new apartment in Provo! It feels good to be settled in! We feel so incredibly blessed. Our financial aid just came through officially! After BYU gave us the run-around it was definitely worth it to be persistent! Also, we got two couches, a chair and an ottoman for FREE! All thanks to Mary and Josh! Rick is enjoying his internship even though the learning curve is steep one. I know he'll do great!  We like our new ward-there are seriously like a million newlywed couples, so it should be fun! OH and babies galore-I'm in heaven! Rick tells me not to get any ideas ;)

Last Saturday, Rick and I hiked Bridal Veil Falls-just the two of us! We reminisced about going on this hike last summer exactly a year ago! Rick had come down to Utah for a wedding and had asked me on a date! We talked about how awkward we were and how excited I had been that he had held my hand while helping me down the rocks :) hehe I love that boy- I still get butterflies!  I can't believe what a difference a year makes!



GOLF DREAMS...

Rick has been taking a golf class to qualify for financial aid and he loves it! He found a set of clubs on Craig's list and by the time all was said and done we had two sets! Bev, Rick's mom, bought them both for a steal! One of the sets is actually oversized so they're perfect for him! We were able to sell the other set within 3 hours of listing it! Rick has been ecstatic! It has been like watching a little boy on Christmas Day! I looked up the other day from my homework to find Rick setting up a cup and as a hole and my cute husband trying out his new putter in our living room :) Oh my! He sure keeps me entertained! Yesterday, he finally got to try out ALL of his clubs and golfed a whole game! Good times here in PROVO!

THE PASS OF ALL PASSES...
Yes we did it. I justify this crazy splurge on grounds that this could be one of our last summers to truly be kids! We got the year pass at 7 peaks and Trafalga...We also have a few friends who have the same pass- memories are priceless, right? ha they better be :) What is it called when you don't want to grow up? Immaturity? Young-life-crisis? Whatever it is, I have it...  

I know this has been a ridiculously long post, but I haven't blogged in forever. Can't wait to see what next week brings!

3 comments:

  1. I am soo happy you posted this!! AWE you guys sound so incredibly happy :) I wonder if Rick has any brothers lol jk :) I miss my lys <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks bergen-baby! I miss you LOTS!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew you had a blog!!! Ya so excited to keep updated on everything in your life! I will be moving to Provo in September, so I am excited to hear that you are in the area too!! Glad that your wedding was perfect! You are beautiful in your pics!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete